|Most diets lower metabolism and lead to a "plateau"|
Those of you who follow the Spike Diet know you can in fact have a day to eat whatever you want and still lose weight. Well Spike84 takes it up another notch. Using even more of the science behind how our body's natural metabolism works.
In researching Spike84, I read study after study to find the science behind how our body and our metabolism works, to maximize fat burning. This is what I found:
- The most important factor in losing weight is calories in versus calories out. If we don't cause a calorie deficit we will not lose weight.
- Of our energy output (calories out) metabolism burns the carbs we eat, but also it will burn body-fat.
- Exercise burns the carbs we eat plus muscle and liver glycogen.
- The process of building muscle increases metabolism.
- Calories are not created equal, we want to eat the types of calories that maximize metabolism.
- Spike84, takes the science behind metabolism, and puts it into an easy to follow program.
Spike Diet and Spike84 emphasize protein, this study shows that high protein diets:
- Increase satiety (makes us feel full) with less calories
- Increased thermogenesis
- Increase sleeping metabolic rate
- Also increases protein balance and fat oxidation
With Spike84 you still get the weekly Spike Day! This is another study that shows the benefit of overfeeding on metabolism and fat-burning.
- When we diet we cause stress to our brain, especially overnight when our brain needs the majority of it's glucose for energy.
- So when we follow conventional diets, long term the stress of the diet has a negative effect on our metabolism.
- By having a day to overfeed, "Spike Day", we increase our metabolism, and decrease the negative stress hormones, like cortisol.
Spike84 has an amazing food plan, that changes a bit for each of the 3 Phases, to keep our body guessing, and tricking our brain into spiking metabolism!
Another key of Spike84 is the timing of our calories.
- By limiting carbohydrates early in the day, we open a "Fat Burning Window" where your body is literally forced into burning more fat for energy.
- You will eat the majority of your carbohydrates and calories in the evening which allows you to eat regular family dinners, and store glycogen back into your muscles for your upcoming workouts.
- By eating high protein meals during the day, you will keep hunger away and continue spiking metabolism.
The other important part of Spike84 is the Failure & Burn Workouts!
- By going to failure, our body wants to adapt and get stronger. By increasing muscle, we increase metabolism.
- At the end of the workouts we "burn out" to jump start the recovery process by rushing blood and amino acids to the muscle we just worked.
- By focusing on these two factors I was able to develop effective workouts that can be done in as little as 10 minutes!
Spike84 is currently in production and will available in stores sometime in the next year, but you don't have to wait. The full eProgram is available now, and for the special introductory price of just $19.99.
With designing the program and writing the Spike Diet, I also follow these plans, I have lost 130lbs, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I have been a "yo-yo" dieter most of my life, but "Spiking" has put me in control of my weight and my cravings. There is nothing else like this on the market, it's easy to follow, it's fun, and most importantly it works!