|The Spike Life Chalupa|
- 2 Joesph's Flax Pitas
- 1 Tbsp expelled pressed coconut oil
- 4 oz of pre-grilled southwestern style chicken strips
- 1 Reduced fat cheese stick
- Cook chicken as per the directions on box
- Rip the cheese stick into two halves
- Place each cheese stick on top of the two pitas
- Warm pitas and cheese sticks in microwave for 25 seconds
- Add coconut oil to frying pan on medium heat
- Put chicken in each pita and fold in half
- (you can add your own extras like; lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, etc. Remember to count the calories)
- When coconut oil is hot (about 2-3 minutes) add the pitas on the pan and fry
- Make sure to move the pitas in the oil to coat the each side
- Fry each side about 2 minutes.
- It's best to fry slow to get them golden brown, check each side as they fry
- When done allow them to cool for a few minutes as they can be very hot
(Per Chalupa - Recipe makes 2)
- 220 calories
- 11 grams of fat (about 6-7 grams of MCT's)
- 18 grams of carbohydrates
- 8 grams of fiber
- 22 grams of protein
- Medium-Chain-Triglycerides - about 2/3 of the fat grams are in the form of MCT's. These fats cannot be stored as body-fat and can actually increase metabolism.
- High protein meal boosts metabolism through it's thermic effect (TEF)
- High fiber also boosts metabolism and makes us feel fuller longer.
The Ingredients that make this possible
*expeller pressing coconut oil removes the majority of the flavor and smell making it a very versatile cooking oil.
|Spike Life is set for Fall 2012 release!|