Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mind over Diet

It's been a long time since my last post, I apologize. Thankfully I am still alive and no I did not go into hiding because I'm back over 300lbs. Quite the contrary, I'm actually now under 200lbs for the first time in my adult life. So why have I been absent? The truth is I needed time, a lot of it,  to regain courage after my 2nd book Spike Life fell through a few months before it's release. Yes I still "Spike" and I will for the rest of my life.
I am now the leanest I've ever been and I've done it by continuing to Spike! Except instead of one Spike Day I gorge over the entire weekend. Spiking has completely changed my life. I know now that I will never struggle with obesity again. In fact,  I feel that my metabolism is higher than it's ever been which is extraordinary, since I will be 40 years-old this year. So much for metabolism slowing with age.

Mind over Diet
Why is losing wight so difficult and even more important,, why is maintaining weight loss nearly impossible?

The answer to both of these questions is Mindset.
Jesus says that with faith the size of a mustard seed you can command a mountain to fall into the sea. So surely faith can also be the catalyst to you losing weight once and forever. The main problem with dieting is we put our faith in the diet itself, in the program and not in power God has given us.

 "Joe Bob lost 50lbs doing the "You're Crazy Diet" so surely I can too! Diet plans and programs are a dime a dozen, they must be in the tens of thousands. It seems like I hear about the new "weight loss miracle" every other day. Let me tell you,  ff diets were the answer, surely by now we would have found the "Holy Grail" and obesity would be a demon of our past and not the present danger it is, destroying our lives and the lives of the people around us.  All weight loss diets are fads if they don't change your "default lifestyle". The fads recycle every few years as the "hot new weight loss plan" and they tempt us with promises of a new life.  For a while we get excited. We have hope.  We say "yes, I can do this!" Our excitement and hope inevitably turns to frustration and embarrassment as we yet again "fall of the wagon" and regain all or more of weight loss that took weeks or months of sacrifice and hard work. It's truly heart breaking and like you, I've been there more times than I can remember.

.....To be continued



1 comment:

  1. Great post
    https://amzn.com/B01KW6AB3M
    Lose weight and keep it off

    ReplyDelete