There are many ways to lose weight but to do it long-term there are some definite do's and don'ts.
- Be patient, enjoy your journey and take one day at a time.
- Do find a way to eat what you love, get in tune with your body.
- Do educate yourself on nutrition and how your body metabolizes food.
- Do listen to others, especially those who have succeeded and be open-minded.
- Do customize your weight loss plan to you and make sure you can continue it as a long-term lifestyle.
- Don't deprive yourself
- Don't kill yourself at the gym by believing that "more is better" or "no pain no gain"
- Don't focus on the scale or losing weight as quickly as possible
- Do NOT allow guilt or shame into your journey.
One more very important don't,
Don't give up!
If you never give up you can't lose. Well, you can lose weight but you know what I mean.
I found some pictures that I thought like my weight, were lost forever. If you click on the picture it should take you to the full Facebook album.
It's cool to look back and remember the some of the key moments of my journey.
100lbs lost in 11 months and another 35lbs lost in the past 12 years.
|Click on the Picture to view the full Facebook Photo Album|